“When we seriously ponder the Word of God, hear it and put it to use, such is its power that it never departs without fruit. It always awakens new understanding, pleasure and devotion” (Martin Luther, Large Catechism, “The Third Commandment). At St. John’s we regard instruction in the Christian faith to be an ongoing and lifelong activity. For us, it is a valuable adjunct to the instruction that takes place through the preaching and teaching in the Divine Service.
St. John’s offers a number of opportunities for both members and visitors to hear and learn God’s word.
- Sunday school for children at 10:45 a.m.
- Adult Bible study explores specific theological topics and books of the Bible is at 10:45 a.m. in the meeting room in the church basement. Young people and adults are welcome to attend.
- Catechism class for young people in grade 6 and above is offered throughout the school year.
- Adult catechism classes are scheduled as needed throughout the year, by appointment with the pastor.
- Midweek Bible study is available on most Tuesday mornings during the school year at 10:30 am.
- Marriage Catechesis is available as needed by appointment with the pastor.